This week feels like the official “kick off” to our wedding. We are just 2 months out now and here’s what we’re working on, wedding-wise, this week:
- Today I went to the post office and happily plunked a stack of stamped, addressed invitations onto the counter to be mailed. Let the fun begin!
- Thursday is my 1st dress fitting. Hence with my trainer tonight I’m going to focus, yet again, on my arms.
- On Friday, Trey is taking my engagement ring to be re-appraised for insurance purposes.
- SATURDAY IS MY BRIDAL SHOWER which I know almost nothing about except when and where to show up.
- And finally, on Sunday my mom, future mother-in-law and I are having a meeting with the florist to confirm details.
In addition to all of the above, in the past few weeks we’ve also obtained our marriage license, (mostly) finalized the text of our ceremony, and had our programs printed.
I’ve also purchased gifts for my bridesmaids, confirmed the rehearsal dinner location with the future in-laws, drafted my vows, wrote a “day of” timeline and sent a list of “must play” songs to the DJ.
Wow, I’m out of breath just thinking about all of that! I feel like at this point, most of our big wedding to-do’s involve writing large checks, which just doesn’t seem like as much fun as all the rest.