Trey and I are hosting a holiday party at our home this Saturday for about a dozen or so of our friends. In order to manage my work stress this week, I have obsessed over the menu. Here’s what I’m planning to serve (Ellie & Kate, avert your eyes if you want to be surprised!):
- Christmas Cranberry Punch (which will be served in a real punch bowl!) (Can you tell I’m stupidly excited about using wedding gifts finally?)
- Red & White Wine- TBD but we’ll basically open some of what we already have
- Hot Tea & Coffee as requested
Baby Kiwi under her first (artificial) Christmas tree
Which is to say, we have done nothing and it’s been nice. This week has kicked our butts between work, extracurricular activities, holiday parties and the daily grind of a commuting household.
Things I have accomplished, related to the wedding:
- Emailed my mom and future MIL to figure out a time in January when we are all available to go dress shopping. *gulp*
- Looked at invitations on etsy that are out of my price range.
Other things I have accomplished in my personal life this week:
- Planning out what to buy people for the holidays
- Taking advantage of online sales and buying crap for myself instead
- Ordering our holiday cards online from Vistaprint
- (over the course of the week) Finishing a bottle of Riesling
Upcoming exciting things:
- Tomorrow we are going with Trey’s parents to cut down a real live tree to stick in our house. This will be the most time, money and effort I will have ever put into a glorified cat toy.
- My good friend Chrissy’s annual tree trimming party is also tomorrow afternoon. I have informed Trey of my long-standing policy not to decorate our tree until after Chrissy and her husband and daughter have already decorated theirs!
- Sunday is family portrait time at the volunteer fire department near my parents’ house.
- Next weekend is a mini-vacation getaway to Cumberland with some good friends.
Oh right, and the Ravens are going to kick some Steelers ass this Sunday night!